- ProductsFeatured ProductsGeotextilesGeogridsStormwaterReinforced Soil SystemsBlock Retaining SystemsGravity WallsGabionsSediment Retention PondsSite SuppliesSilt ControlDewatering & DrainageTurf MattingEarth AnchoringCulvert FlumesDrainage CompositesErosion Control MattingPermeable PavingImpermeable LinersPavement SurfaceGeocellsShear Lock®Concrete Mattresses
- Contact Us
Platform Remedial Works – Platipus® Earth Anchoring
Australian Marine & Civil
Railway Station, Rosewood, Queensland
The railway line running through Rosewood west of Brisbane is one of the oldest railway tracks in Queensland, Australia. Since modification and construction of the Rosewood platform in the 1960’s, the west side of the Down Main (northern) platform has experienced up to 200mm subsidence.
Design & Construction
Queensland Rail and Cirtex Australia worked together in providing a permanent anchoring solution to stabilise the 1.5m high platform wall. Anchor Working Loads of 11kN at 1m centre locations were determined to provide stability to the existing platform wall.
The remedial works was carried out during a 12 hour working window (railway possession works). During this working window, 200mm diameter holes were cored into the existing 300mm think concrete platform wall to facilitate driving a total of 16no. Platipus B4 anchors and tendons up to 6m depths, load locked and tested to the required Proof Loads of 20kN.
The Platipus Earth Anchoring System was chosen as the preferred solution to stabilise the platform wall and provided the following main features & benefits:
- ‘Buildability’ & ease of installation
- The works could be successfully completed in the 12 hour working window
- The Platipus anchor system and installation equipment was available with full on-site support being provided by Cirtex Australia during installation
- Overall cost savings over traditional solutions