- ProductsFeatured ProductsGeotextilesGeogridsStormwaterReinforced Soil SystemsBlock Retaining SystemsGravity WallsGabionsSediment Retention PondsSite SuppliesSilt ControlDewatering & DrainageTurf MattingEarth AnchoringCulvert FlumesDrainage CompositesErosion Control MattingPermeable PavingImpermeable LinersPavement SurfaceGeocellsShear Lock®Concrete Mattresses
- Contact Us
Longlands Development, Matamata – Triton Stormwater
Freedom Group Holdings Ltd
Cirtex Regional Contact
The Longlands Lifestyle Village is the latest retirement village based in Matamata, Waikato region, a rural town known for its dairy farming heritage and world famous for providing shelter to Hobbits. This new and very attractive development will comprise 222 houses, green areas, a central social hub and extensive motor home parking.
Given that Candor 3 are very familiar with the stormwater products available in the marketplace, they opted in favor of the Triton chamber system over the RainSmart® module system due to overall cost savings. The stormwater design comprises two differentiated Triton areas. The main Triton area is a double-stacked structure, which reduces footprint, requiring 2,150 chambers that provide a storage capacity of 2,000 m³ of water. The secondary Triton area is a very long single-stacked structure, requiring 1,081 chambers that provide a storage capacity of 1,000 m³ of water. For the purpose of optimal drainage and flood risk analysis the Triton reticulations are designed for a 100-year design life and a 10-year storm event.
CAMEX had previous experience with other Cirtex stormwater products but opted for the Triton Model S-22 because of its quick installation with a small crew of 3-4 people. One of the challenging things about a double-stacked system of this kind, due to the big and long hole, was the placement and distribution of the drainage washed angular rock around and on top of the chambers, which required to carry out the process in stages, instead of stacking the lower level of chambers first and then continue to the upper level.
The products used provided the following benefits to the project:
- Usable space for green and walkable areas
- The double stacked provided twice the amount of storage for the same footprint
- Long lasting structure with minimal maintenance
- Prevent the buildup of troublesome sediments while keeping water quality standards